Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hola Mi Amigos!

Hola! I hope everyone is well, I know everyone is hot!!!!! It has been a scorcher here in the big H-town. I have been trying to run early in the morning before it hits the triple digits which is hard cause by about 8:30am it feels like it's already there. Not much going on in the Garrett world. Christian has been wheeling and dealing in his business so he is staying busy with that, then when 5 o'clock rolls around you can find him out back working on his latest project... a boat "for the family". I am anxious to take out this "family" boat. lol! Per Christian it sounds great (loud!) and goes really fast....which is everything I was looking for in a family boat. :o) For those of you that don't know, Christian loves boats and this is our second, I know the neighbors are loving us when he brings them both home, with two boats and four cars and only two drivers, a narrow street and small driveway makes for a redneck appearance in a city environment. lol! We did get to go sailing on a huge boat with one of Christian's clients last weekend and it was amazing. I had never been on a (what I would call a yacht) sail boat before. It was so peaceful once you got through all the work. Put up the sails, tighten the sails, move the sails, take down the sails, lift the sails. Needless to say we slept very well after our journey, but had a really good time.

Besides all that Belly is growing so fast and talking up a storm. She is getting so big, everyday she does something amazing and I have been fortunate enough to be at home all summer to enjoy it. She will be starting school next year two days a week. It makes me sad that she is so big but I know life can't stand still.

Roar has spent the first couple weeks of summer in Haskell with the fam. and is now in East Texas with Roman's family for the rest of July. So we really hadn't seen much of her this summer. She does call everyday to check in, and basically make sure we aren't doing anything fun without her. She will be in 5th grade this year (OMG!) and I am expecting her to be as tall as I (5'5") by the end of the year. At last measurement she had grown 1.5" since Jan.

As for me, I finally got the call and will be teaching 2nd grade at Lamkin Elementary. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. I know great things are in the works for us and I am so blessed to have found a job with the economy being so crazy right now. I have been off resting and relaxing since May so I am anxious to get back to work. Boredom is about to set in. Well, that's the latest and greatest on the Garretts. I hope you all are healthy and happy. May you all be blessed and enjoy the rest of the summer! Would love to hear from you all!
~Dee

1 comment:

Kristi said...

SOOOOO glad you are teaching at Lamkin. I will gladly sub for you anytime!! Collin knew you right away when he saw your picture.

You're never too old for Starbucks and Daddy sugars.

You're never too old for Starbucks and Daddy sugars.

Taking a shopping break

Taking a shopping break

Daddy and his girls on the Riverwalk

Daddy and his girls on the Riverwalk

Momma Garrett and Big Sister on the Riverwalk

Momma Garrett and  Big Sister on the Riverwalk

Weekend in San Antonio

Weekend in San Antonio
Ma and Pa Garrett