Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's been a while.

Greetings to all! I hope this post finds everyone well. We are wet here in Houston, as a matter of fact all schools have been closed for the day due to flooding. So when I say wet I mean WET! I have decided to take a day of R & R and catch up on the things that I haven't had time to do. First and foremost updating the blog, next sitting on the couch and after that probably napping. :-) After the eventful weekend we had... we are all exhausted. Let me give you the low down on the clan and the eventful weekend we experienced. (Just another day in the life of a Wallace of course!)
For starters I woke up bright and early Friday morning to get myself ready and the kids prepared for the day. Christian was off in Louisiana on a project and I had my last teaching observation scheduled. As I headed through the kitchen from the living room for my morning Java, I slipped in a puddle of water. Thinking to myself, "What did the girls spill that I missed last night?" As I look for the source I discover water dripping from the upper floor through the door facing. So I beat it upstairs to check on my children and can't find anything UNTIL I get to the far guest bedroom in back corner of our house where I hear water running through the walls. Of course I don't dare turn on a switch so I run back downstairs to look for a flashlight, as I finally come across the smallest flashlight in the world, I head back to the second floor to investigate the problem. I open the closet door in the guest room and water in running out of the light socket. The entire closet is soaked. So I head to the third story to find the source. Low and behold water heater has bit the big one and in running down two stories. OMG! Daddy (Christian) is gone, girls are a sleep and it's 5:00am who am I gonna call???? So... I try C. luckily he answers. He instructs me to turn off all water supply to the house and he will wrap up his business in LA and head home. Still hadn't had shower at this point and now no water supply to the house. So I call my trusty neighbors (Abbott 911)and I ask if I can run over to shower. To make a long story short...that started the weekend. In addition to Friday's fun filled morning, the A/C unit went out on Sunday, Christian stopped up the kitchen sink with potato peelings, then went to fix the clogged pipe and it exploded from the pressure blowing potato chunks ALL over my kitchen. In addition to that I had a interview with the District on Monday to get ready for and my computer printer quit working. What can we learn from this eventful weekend...No matter how many time you try to change your last name you will be forever be a Wallace and have Wallace luck! In the end though I am proud to say I am a survivor, a broke survivor due to numerous repairs necessary but a survivor!
Thankfully we all have our health and have homeowners insurance that cost us a fortune and luckily they have written us a check for 1,300 whopping dollars to fix three stories of water damage and replace two floors. What is wrong with this picture, you ask? When you figure it out let me know. LOL! Like I said in the end we all have our health. Hope you all had a better weekend than us. Just call us The Garrett's...survivors of pretty much any disaster but at the end of our rope. We ask God for better days and we trust He will grant us with such!

Peace and Good Will!
The Garretts

No comments:

You're never too old for Starbucks and Daddy sugars.

You're never too old for Starbucks and Daddy sugars.

Taking a shopping break

Taking a shopping break

Daddy and his girls on the Riverwalk

Daddy and his girls on the Riverwalk

Momma Garrett and Big Sister on the Riverwalk

Momma Garrett and  Big Sister on the Riverwalk

Weekend in San Antonio

Weekend in San Antonio
Ma and Pa Garrett