Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Garrett May Newlsletter

Greetings Friends and Fam!
Can you believe it's May? I am just in AWWW of how fast this year has flown by. We are all doing well. Roar is involved in Swim Team and will be swimming 5 days a week until the end of June. So most of our afternoons are spent at the Country Club and Saturdays at Swim Meets. She has also taken up golf. So after school dad and Roar spend a hour practicing on the driving range then she goes and swims for an hour at the pool. Needless to say the girl is exhausted by the time we get home in the evenings. She is loving both sports and would rather be doing one or the other more than anything else. Christian is an avid golfer as well and spends 6-7 days a week playing and is loving being able to take Roar with him. HE and our neighbor take Roar and the neighbor's daughter Amelia out to play weekly. He is trying to get me to play but you know... it gets really hot and I just rather lay by the pool or enjoy the indoors rather than swinging a stick and getting all sweaty. Ha Ha. I am sure I will end up playing by the end of the summer BUT only if I get a cute wardrobe and matching clubs. LOL! :-)

Smelly Belly is growing like a weed and is smarter than the average Bear. She can wiggle her way into anything and everything and it's her way or the highway. She is showing many signs of being just as high maintenance as Roar (okay... And me). She loves to wear my jewelry, carry around a purse and look at herself in the mirror. (Now where in the world could she get those traits from???) She is talking up a storm and repeats everything. She loves her "Tita" (Sister) and will crawl up the stairs to Roars room so fast we never even realize she's missing. She has a boyfriend (Grant) that she adores and her sitter (Ana) says Bella bosses Grant around and he just follows her like a whipped puppy (That's my girl...Large and in charge!). We will be getting our Aupair (live-in nanny) from Costa Rica next Thursday and we are all sooooo excited. I have been working to get her room ready and talk to her daily, anxiously awaiting her arrival. The more I talk to her the more I love her. She is a precious girl that has all the same likes as Roar and I. Poor Christian, yet another girly girl to support. Speaking of Girly Girl, I had a birthday this month (29, incase you're wondering) and my sweet husband bought me a day at a beautiful spa which has been my dream my whole life! I am soooooooo excited about getting that scheduled and spent. I spent many years without a birthday so I feel I have earned this very special gift and I am sooooooooo thankful for it!!!!!!!

Well, I hope the newsletter finds everyone in good health. The Garrett's are going and blowing and lovin life. We thank God daily for our health and our good family and friends. Please keep in touch and be sure to check out the new pics posted.

Love to all!!!!!
Dee

No comments:

You're never too old for Starbucks and Daddy sugars.

You're never too old for Starbucks and Daddy sugars.

Taking a shopping break

Taking a shopping break

Daddy and his girls on the Riverwalk

Daddy and his girls on the Riverwalk

Momma Garrett and Big Sister on the Riverwalk

Momma Garrett and  Big Sister on the Riverwalk

Weekend in San Antonio

Weekend in San Antonio
Ma and Pa Garrett